Friday, November 10, 2006

Job offer and Other Updates

I don't have any new pictures for this post, but I thought I would give a little update. I've had about an interview a week over the last month and yesterday I received an email about an offer. It is a pretty good one too. It is with a Civil Engineering firm that also has a couple of development projects scattered from LA to Sacramento. They said it would be a challenging job for me, but they felt I had a solid foundation of knowledge to build on. The projects are pretty cool but I would have to commute 3 times a week (to Vacaville) for the first couple of months. My other option is to call the last firm I interviewed with here in Davis and let them know I have this offer and see if they are still interested in hiring me. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed the last two months of being an independent contractor, setting my own hours and what not, but I think it may be time for a regular office with a schedule and standard pay check. I am excited about the possibilities with either firm, I just don't know yet which is the best fit and the best in the long run. But it is nice to have to worry about a choice.
Tomorrow I think we are headed to Santa Cruz to visit friends from U of O again. There is a Monarch Butterfly resting area near there this time of year and I hope to have some images for the next post.
It is sunny and 60 degrees today, not too shabby and yesterday I found myself thinking, I am happy here. Maybe it was because of the job offer, maybe because Thursday night we go out with other grad students and I was looking forward to it ,or maybe we have adjusted. I still refer to home being Oregon, but I don't know if that will change. Time is really flying by and soon it will be Thanksgiving!

No comments: