Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Readjustments

This weekend was really hard for me. Coming home isn't always easy. I love my little house and my family and friends here but there are so many things in Davis I miss. I miss the warm evenings, the pool in the neighborhood, and walking to Chinese food. I miss my book club and everyone in it (don't pout, you aren't mentioned again at the end). I miss my co-workers asking me how my weekend was or how the movie I went to see was. I miss wearing my chacos to work everyday not just on Fridays. I miss playing Saturday soccer. I miss Lulu's friends. I miss a town where you can get to every place in less than 15 minutes. I miss bicycles being ridden by everyone, not just crazy people. I miss the diversity. I miss the Art and Rec Center. I miss the co-op and the yummy cookies right inside the front door. I miss picking up the veggie box on Wednesdays. I miss the Kellys, the Avila-Lauhons, the EAC group, the Torres-Castros, and so many others in so many ways. I miss the McCabes. I know that grad school is a strange thing and that people come and go and I am very much looking forward to seeing people this weekend when we head back for a wedding. I guess it will just take longer for me to find my groove here in Salem, longer than I thought.

No comments: