Friday, September 13, 2013

Growing up fast

Some days Violet changes so much that we stop and stare at each other. At breakfast she counted to 10. She had been counting to 5 for about a week and today went to six, but I hadn't heard her go to ten without me filling in. 
Then there are the times she pees on the kitchen rug after running off her toilet because she was done, or yells 'all done library' when story time is a bit too long that make me realize she is still little. She is still cuddly, she runs to us if she falls down, she won't let one of us leave without a hug and kiss goodbye, she can buckle herself in at the table, but just yells 'dinner ready!' She will look through a book on her own for a few minutes before demanding, 'mommy read.' I don't find myself calling her 'tiny' and I can't even guess what she weighs now! She can fill in ABCs when singing and point out b, c, i, j, n, o, and z. She knows her cousins, grandparents and great grandparents, but doesn't understand why she can't climb through the computer to get to them, even if she says, 'scuse me.'
I'm not sure what to do for her birthday. We know people, but aren't close to them for such a personal day. She saw a picture of mice in a book and in the middle they had a candle, she kept pointing and saying, "Happy Birthday". She loves monkeys, cows, kitties and duckies right now so I'm trying to pick a little decorating theme at least. 

No comments: