Thursday, November 04, 2010

Cozy Office

Bob and I are currently working in the same 12 x 12 room, our backs to each other. The french doors are closed keeping the rest of the house outside, the dog is on the rug behind me and the sun is pouring in the window. The buzz of our computer fans compete only with our keyboard tappings. He writes his dissertation while I simply surf for work. It was almost a picture perfect office until I mentioned that part.
I am grateful for spending time at home with my husband or with my nieces, in-laws and parents. I keep thinking about why I am unemployed, what the bigger picture is. Is it so I am compassionate for the less fortunate, is it to rely on something bigger to provide for me, is it humbling (yes, yes and yes) is it to discover some new potential (I hope), or is it something big in life will change and I will need this time (ie. a death or injury in the family is what I fear). then again, maybe I'm reading too much into this and it is just my turn.

1 comment:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

I am sure I would drive Matt nuts if we worked in that tight of space! I'd be pinching his rear within the first two minutes :)

Way to humor it as best as you can. I know job searching is rough work. Matt and I both cried when we got word he got the job at Amazon!

Thinking of you, friend!