Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ways to hide a baby...

I've been thinking about how a year ago I was just starting to tell some people we were having a baby in October - yes I waited a long time, mostly because I was looking for a job! I'm a fairly small person and didn't have morning sickness to hide, but here is what I did...
Wear a coat, all the time, easy in the spring in Oregon!
Buy regular clothes one size larger
Order drinks that look like cocktails, before the rest of your group is there or directly at the bar
Excuses for not drinking include - a cold, antibiotics, new diet (sugar free, gluten free etc.)
Stay sitting, don't stand up and walk around, you can hide a lot while seated
Be the first to arrive and the last to leave
Hold your bag in front of you, maybe that was obvious.

Now ways to hide my 8 month old...
Just kidding.

1 comment:

Britta said...

Very clever of you! I love the cocktail part ;-)