Monday, October 15, 2007

National Environmental Blog Day

I believe I still have a couple hours left to leave you with my thoughts on the environment. Don't abuse it. Respect it. Recycling is probably my biggest pet peeve, or I should say the lack of it and the misuse of it. It is so easy to do and yet either people can't figure it out, or aren't willing. No, your used paper towel is trash, but your box from the crackers you just chewed with your mouth open, is recyclable. No, you don't put recyclables in a trash sack and then in the recycle bin. Yes, your Starbucks cup, lid, and jacket are recyclable, but hey why not take your own cup or at least reuse the jacket?

5 comments:

ktjane said...

amen, sista!

Anonymous said...

oh god? Do you live in a solar powered house? You should check youself...everyone knows that "environmentalism" is the new "white power" movement. No need to have a skin head and tattos like chris, just an attitude about why others can't do what we do.
Look out America, California facism is coming your way.
Didn't DK have a song about this?

Leah said...

Sadly, someone has chosen to abuse the right to post comments. My house is not solar powered although I wish it was. And obviously you don't know Chris or myself. I don't consider myself an environmentalist, just someone who would like it to be around for my kids one day. And don't think I'm a crazy Californian, I'm not even from here, just borrowing the state for a couple years. How about you check yourself. See if you can figure out how to do less damage to the future generation.

Tonya said...

Who's DK?

Tonya said...

Who's DK?