Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Be afraid...

Not of Halloween. With less than 60 days until primary elections begin, I find myself troubled and scared. I should find it hopeful and educational. I should be able to vote for the best candidate that I feel is worthy of being the big 'P'. I've been told I cannot vote out of fear and yet in my very short voting life, I have already done so. Its no secret I'm a pretty liberal person, married to a more liberal dude (I can say that we live in California). I'm not ashamed I voted for Nader, but I wish I could vote for the Green Party more often without being afraid that it would cause another ugly election like in 2000. Something is definitely still messed up with our system. How about this quote from a blog on the NYT
'Mr. Obama is lagging far behind Mrs. Clinton in the polls because he still hasn’t positioned himself as a unique candidate, reports Scott Helman of the Boston Globe.
“It’s Wal-Mart and Kmart - they’re occupying the same space,” said Benjamin Ginsberg, a political science professor at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore.'

I don't want Kmart and I certainly don't want Wal Mart in charge of cleanup for the next 4 years. So here it is, attack me now if you need to. I'm voting for Edwards, not out of fear, but out of hope. And I hope I can do the same when it comes to next November.

No comments: