Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It still is

A man's world. I'd like to think things are equal, but I know they are not. It doesn't really bother me when I hear the statistic of 20% of Architects are women because in the '80's, only 5% were. Today, I had a board meeting and there were 9 people, two were women (including myself) and I was the only licensed one (11%). It is okay when I'm on site and someone thinks I am from the bank and then raises their eyebrows when hearing I am an Architect (part of it may be that I look young as well.) But one day I hope people aren't so surprised and I hope those that are still take me seriously. I also hope that salary and site meetings are fairly divided in the future and that I don't have to fight my way up the ladder. Bob once told me that maybe I need to be a B****, but I don't want to have to go that route.

1 comment:

kungfuramone said...

No way, dude. You are in the midst of fighting the good fight. Continue being brilliant and rad. That is all.