Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Fat Tuesday

Voting...A privelidge as an American citizen. Ah, but a sad day and a tough choice for John Edwards' fans. I knew the politics in my last office and the two others before that (although I couldn't guess which candidate they would choose, I knew their general positions). But being a part of this new office, I have no idea what to expect. Today I did learn that the three people I sit with did not vote! One is not registered, one is registered in a party she doesn't like and the other is registered in a county too far away to drive to and vote in - and did not know she could get a absentee ballot. the two registered non voters had opinions, but didn't take action and it makes me sad more than anything. Voting is easy and free, what more can we ask for? We get to decide who makes the final decisions that greatly affect ALL who live in the U.S. So for those of you that still have upcoming elections, please vote. Please re-register if you don't like your party, please request an absentee if you need one, please don't just talk about your opinion, but make it count.

1 comment:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

I hear you - make it COUNT!! :) Living in DC, you can't NOT vote. Geesh!