Monday, November 10, 2008

All the leaves are brown...

And the skies are grey...
I have to say I just read 600 pages of depressing blah. And now I feel terrible. I feel like the weather is getting me down, I feel hurt by someone more than I should and I miss my girlfriends. I not only miss the ones in California, but even the ones close to me. The ones I think are too busy so I don't call and the ones I just don't call enough. So for those of you I bugged last minute, do not look for, find, or read 'Tully' by
Paullina Simons. It is one thing for a book to be sad in a good way, but this was not touching, it was depressing. I read the first 500 pages yesterday and could not go to sleep without crying, for no apparent reason. Today I finished it only because I hoped it would get better, but no. Who knows, maybe I am in a funk and it pushed me, but I think it really just was depressing. So I picked up another book I had started and finished it tonight also and it was much better. I do recommend this one, 'Birth House' by Ami McKay. And please let the November book club book be better, or I'll have to move back to California to get through the winter.

3 comments:

Sheila Mac said...

You could always find a better book club, you don't have to move back to CA!

Tonya said...

Come join one of my book clubs! :) hee hee

Actually, I've cut back and am not doing the children's book clubs.

Isn't it amazing the power and effect that literature can have on us? I'm glad you're reading something that is perhaps a little more uplifting.

Take care, my friend. I love you!

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Don't move back to CA! The Pacific Northwest is the place to be :)

Sorry the book was a let down... boo!