Monday, November 17, 2008

This Last Weekend

When Bob and I were married, Spencer gave a toast that mentioned he was officially the third wheel. But the thing is I didn't mind. He was at our first anniversary dinner, we joked about buying the house right next to him and how when we moved for grad school, he'd come with. We see him constantly. We camp together, walk the dogs together, go to movies and dinner together. We meet for coffee, drinks or to watch The Office. And that is pretty much how life has been for the last 6 years (a little bit of a break when we moved, but we visited often.) And so when he married Amy this weekend, a part of me was very happy for him to have found his partner in life, but part of me was a little sad. Of course it hasn't been just the three of us for a while, and we like having Amy around too, but I hope that things don't change. I know it sounds strange and I bet he felt the same way when Bob and I got married, but he didn't lose his best friend in the process he gained one. I hope that the four of us grow closer each year. Right now it is pretty easy since we live less than 3 blocks from each other, but I know that won't always be the case. But enough sap.

The wedding was in Sisters and the weather could not have been better. Our cabins were incredible and the site was beautiful. We danced so hard that our feet were still sore the next day. It was great to see friends and family from all over, but I wish I had taken more photos! Maybe after we all email them around, I'll have some mor
e to post! And yes, Bob was in the wedding and so was Holden (they even had matching ties).

1 comment:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

3 blocks from each other? That is awesome. Great story, Leah - and congrats to the couple!