Thursday, November 08, 2007

Comments Day 4

My goal of blogging every day has almost been realized, except that I think the only one reading is my faithful commenter, Katie. Today I am not particularly inspired to blog about something controversial, I have no rage towards a news event or article that I need to share. I am looking forward to a few things however, one is a lecture tonight and the other is Green Fest this weekend in San Francisco. And in the upcoming weekends I want to go to Apple Hill and a huge craft store in Sacramento.

First things first, the lecture is by Eric Alterman, a professor from Brooklyn College, City University of New York. He has written several books including, 'What Happens when Presidents Lie', 'Why We are Liberals', 'What Liberal Media: The Truth About Bias and the News', 'How George W Bush (mis)Leads America' and 'Who Speaks for America?: Why Democracy Matters in Foreign Policy'.

At the end of November I'll also be going to listen to an author Luis Alberto Urrea speak about immigration and the US/Mexico border. Sometimes I love living in a college town, which does bring me to this point. The election here in Davis only had three issues, a school bond, a library bond, and a school board member. Both bonds passed with over 70% support. Someone commented on how it is nice to live in a town where you are the majority and the majority is doing the right thing.

2 comments:

ktjane said...

can't wait to hear about the lecture. have fun!

love your faithful commenter,
katie

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

I read, dearie! Just don't always have that extra moment to log on and comment..but I will today. Enjoy your lecture! :)